Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Around the Nation
Misbehaving Parents Ruin Easter Egg Hunt
Originally published on Tue March 27, 2012 6:27 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Good morning. I'm David Greene. This year's Easter egg hunt in Colorado Springs has been canceled due to past bad behavior - by parents. Too many adults have jumped a rope line and gone into the kids area to dive for eggs, and organizers said things just got out of control. One offender defended himself, telling the Associated Press, quote, "You better believe I'm going to help my kid get one of those eggs. I promised my kid an Easter egg hunt and I'd want to give him an even edge." You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.