Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
Mile Davis: Kind Of Blue
Airs Friday, February 7 at 11 p.m. On two days in the spring of 1959, after a string of critically acclaimed and successful albums, Miles Davis recorded what would become Kind Of Blue. Nothing would ever be the same – for Jazz or for Miles Davis. There’s no real way to tell why a record captures the imagination and attention of the world. Some do, some don’t. Miles Davis constantly recorded music, and almost all of it added to his popularity and critical acclaim. But over the years, Kind Of Blue found a larger and larger audience. Soon enough, it became the best selling Jazz album of all time. Through the host Josh Jackson and interviews with musicians Herbie Hancock, Jimmy Cobb, Jackie McLean, David Amram and others, you will hear the story of the making of Kind Of Blue, as well as the lasting impact of this classic Jazz staple.