Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Metropolitan Opera: Wagner's Siegfried
Airs Saturday, April 20 at 11 a.m. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Siegfried, the third opera in Wagner’s epic Der Ring des Nibelungen. Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi leads the performance, which is part of the first of three Ring cycles that will be heard at the Met this season in honor of the composer’s bicentennial. Jay Hunter Morris sings the title role of the fearless hero, with Deborah Voigt as his true love, Brünnhilde; Mark Delavan as the Wanderer – the god Wotan in disguise; Gerhard Siegel as the Nibelung dwarf Mime; Eric Owens as Mime’s brother Alberich; and Meredith Arwady as the earth goddess Erda. Siegfried will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 11 a.m. CT on Saturday, April 20.