Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Metropolitan Opera: Wagner's Parsifal
Airs Saturday, March 2 at 11 a.m. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Wagner’s Parsifal. Tenor Jonas Kaufmann sings the title role in a new staging of Wagner’s final opera, conducted by Daniele Gatti and directed by François Girard in his Met debut. The extraordinary cast of stars also includes soprano Katarina Dalayman as the mysterious Kundry; baritone Peter Mattei in his role debut as Amfortas, the wounded leader of the Knights of the Holy Grail; bass René Pape as the wise knight Gurnemanz; and bass-baritone Evgeny Nikitin as the evil sorcerer Klingsor. Parsifal will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 11 a.m. CT on Saturday, March 2.