Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Metropolitan Opera: Wagner's Götterdämmerung
Airs saturday, May 11 at 11 a.m. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season concludes with a live broadcast of Götterdämmerung, the fourth and final opera in Wagner’s epic Der Ring des Nibelungen. Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi leads the performance, which stars soprano Deborah Voigt as Brünnhilde, opposite Swedish tenor Lars Cleveman, who makes his network debut as Siegfried. The cast also includes Karen Cargill as Brünnhilde’s sister, Waltraute; Hans-Peter König as the evil Hagen; Iain Paterson as Gunther, king of the Gibichungs; and Wendy Bryn Harmer as his sister Gutrune. Götterdämmerung will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 11 a.m. CT on Saturday, May 11.