Most Active Stories
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
- Bossier City Farmer's Market owners: 'We want to keep this going, no interruptions'
- History Matters: Shreveport businessman Nathan Goldkind had a seat at a deadly card game
- Natchitoches-based National Park Service training center to showcase summer projects
Metropolitan Opera: Wagner’s Das Rheingold
Airs Saturday, April 6 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Richard Wagner’s Das Rheingold, led by Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi. Luisi will lead three complete cycles of Wagner’s epic Der Ring des Nibelungen at the Met this season in honor of the composer’s bicentennial, with each of the four operas receiving a worldwide radio broadcast. Das Rheingold, the first opera in the cycle, will feature company role debuts by Mark Delavan as Wotan and Meredith Arwady as Erda. Eric Owens (Alberich), Stephanie Blythe (Fricka), Stefan Margita (Loge), Hans-Peter König (Fafner), Franz-Josef Selig (Fasolt), Gerhard Siegel (Mime), and Wendy Bryn Harmer (Freia) reprise their acclaimed portrayals from previous Ring cycles at the Met.