Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Metropolitan Opera: Wagner’s Das Rheingold
Airs Saturday, April 6 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Richard Wagner’s Das Rheingold, led by Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi. Luisi will lead three complete cycles of Wagner’s epic Der Ring des Nibelungen at the Met this season in honor of the composer’s bicentennial, with each of the four operas receiving a worldwide radio broadcast. Das Rheingold, the first opera in the cycle, will feature company role debuts by Mark Delavan as Wotan and Meredith Arwady as Erda. Eric Owens (Alberich), Stephanie Blythe (Fricka), Stefan Margita (Loge), Hans-Peter König (Fafner), Franz-Josef Selig (Fasolt), Gerhard Siegel (Mime), and Wendy Bryn Harmer (Freia) reprise their acclaimed portrayals from previous Ring cycles at the Met.