Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Verdi's Falstaff
Airs Saturday, December 14 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season will continue with a live broadcast of Verdi’s Falstaff, conducted by Met Music Director James Levine. Baritone Ambrogio Maestri, who has sung the title role at major opera houses around the world, stars in his first Met performances as Sir John Falstaff. The ensemble cast featured in Robert Carsen’s new production includes soprano Angela Meade as Alice Ford, mezzo-soprano Stephanie Blythe as the wily Mistress Quickly, soprano Lisette Oropesa as Nannetta, Italian tenor Paolo Fanale in his Met debut as Fenton, and baritone Franco Vassallo as Ford. Falstaff will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.