Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Metropolitan Opera: Verdi’s Un Ballo in Maschera
Airs Saturday, December 8 at 12:00 noon The new season from the Met begins with a live broadcast of Verdi’s Un Ballo in Maschera. The cast is led by three of the Met’s leading Verdi stars: Marcelo Álvarez as King Gustavo; Sondra Radvanovsky as Amelia, the object of his secret passion; and Dmitri Hvorostovsky as his best friend, Amelia’s husband, Count Anckarström. Kathleen Kim sings the coloratura role of Oscar, Gustavo’s page, and Stephanie Blythe is the fortuneteller Madame Ulrica Arvidsson. The new production is conducted by Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi and staged by acclaimed opera director David Alden. Un Ballo in Maschera will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12 p.m. CT on Saturday, December 8. The performance will also be transmitted worldwide as part of The Met: Live in HD series, which now reaches more than 1,900 movie theaters in 64 countries.