Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Poet of the Ordinary - Photographs by Keith Carter
Metropolitan Opera: Strauss’s Die Frau ohne Schatten
Airs Saturday, February 15 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with an archival broadcast of Richard Strauss’s Die Frau ohne Schatten from last fall, conducted by Vladimir Jurowski and featuring two highly acclaimed performances from the leading sopranos: Anne Schwanewilms in her network broadcast debut as the Empress; and Christine Goerke, who has recently emerged as a major dramatic soprano, singing the role of the Dyer’s Wife. The cast also includes Johan Reuter as Barak, Ildikó Komlósi as the Nurse, and Torsten Kerl as the Emperor. Die Frau ohne Schatten will be heard over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.