Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Strauss’s Die Frau ohne Schatten
Airs Saturday, February 15 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with an archival broadcast of Richard Strauss’s Die Frau ohne Schatten from last fall, conducted by Vladimir Jurowski and featuring two highly acclaimed performances from the leading sopranos: Anne Schwanewilms in her network broadcast debut as the Empress; and Christine Goerke, who has recently emerged as a major dramatic soprano, singing the role of the Dyer’s Wife. The cast also includes Johan Reuter as Barak, Ildikó Komlósi as the Nurse, and Torsten Kerl as the Emperor. Die Frau ohne Schatten will be heard over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.