Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Arabella
Metropolitan Opera: Strauss’s Arabella
Airs Saturday, April 19 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Richard Strauss’s elegant romance Arabella. Philippe Auguin conducts a cast full of debuting artists. Swedish soprano Malin Byström, who made a notable Met debut in Gounod’s Faust two seasons ago, sings the role of the levelheaded, yet idealistic Arabella. German baritone Michael Volle, a leading exponent of dramatic baritone roles in Europe, has made his Met debut this season as Arabella's suitor Mandryka. Also new to the Met this season are soprano Juliane Banse, who sings the role of Arabella's sister Zdenka, tenor Roberto Saccà as Matteo, and bass-baritone Martin Winkler as Count Waldner. Arabella will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.