Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Metropolitan Opera: Rossini’s The Barber of Seville
Airs Saturday, December 22 at 12:00 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Rossini’s The Barber of Seville, a new holiday presentation designed to appeal to audiences of all ages. Bartlett Sher’s adaptation of his popular 2006 production will have a running time of approximately two hours and feature an English-language libretto by J. D. McClatchy, the American poet who also provided the translation for the Met’s holiday production of Mozart’s The Magic Flute. Mezzo-soprano Isabel Leonard stars as the feisty heroine Rosina, opposite tenor Alek Shrader as the lovestruck Count Almaviva, and baritone Rodion Pogossov as Figaro, the titular man-about-town. Yves Abel conducts, and the cast also includes bass-baritone John Del Carlo and bass Jordan Bisch. The Barber of Seville will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 Noon CT on Saturday, December 22.