Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Puccini’s Madama Butterfly
Airs Saturday, February 1 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Puccini’s tragedy Madama Butterfly. South African soprano Amanda Echalaz, who makes her Met debut this season, sings Cio-Cio-San, opposite tenor Bryan Hymel as Pinkerton. The cast also includes mezzo-soprano Elizabeth DeShong as Suzuki and American baritone Scott Hendricks in his network broadcast debut as Sharpless, conducted by Philippe Auguin. Madama Butterfly will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.