Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
Metropolitan Opera: Puccini’s La Rondine
Airs Saturday, January 26 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Puccini’s La Rondine. Latvian soprano Kristine Opolais makes her network debut in the role of the heroine Magda, a courtesan who dreams of true love. Tenor Giuseppe Filianoti is Ruggero, the man for whom she leaves her glamorous life. Soprano Anna Christy sings the role of Lisette, Magda’s maid; tenor Marius Brenciu is the poet Prunier; and baritone Dwayne Croft is Rambaldo, Magda’s wealthy protector. Ion Marin conducts the performance. La Rondine will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12 p.m. CT on Saturday, January 26.