Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Metropolitan Opera: Poulenc’s Dialogues des Carmélites
Airs Saturday, May 4 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Dialogues des Carmélites, Poulenc’s opera about a group of nuns whose faith is tested under the Terror of the French Revolution. Louis Langrée conducts the first Met performance of the opera since 2003, which will feature role debuts by Isabel Leonard as the naïve Blanche de la Force and Patricia Racette as Madame Lidoine, the inspiring new Prioress of a Carmelite convent. Felicity Palmer will reprise her acclaimed portrayal of the ailing old Prioress, Madame de Croissy, and the cast also includes Erin Morley as Sister Constance, Elizabeth Bishop as Mother Marie, and Paul Appleby as Blanche’s brother. Dialogues des Carmélites will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 p.m. CT on Saturday, May 4.