Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Poulenc’s Dialogues des Carmélites
Airs Saturday, May 4 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Dialogues des Carmélites, Poulenc’s opera about a group of nuns whose faith is tested under the Terror of the French Revolution. Louis Langrée conducts the first Met performance of the opera since 2003, which will feature role debuts by Isabel Leonard as the naïve Blanche de la Force and Patricia Racette as Madame Lidoine, the inspiring new Prioress of a Carmelite convent. Felicity Palmer will reprise her acclaimed portrayal of the ailing old Prioress, Madame de Croissy, and the cast also includes Erin Morley as Sister Constance, Elizabeth Bishop as Mother Marie, and Paul Appleby as Blanche’s brother. Dialogues des Carmélites will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12:00 p.m. CT on Saturday, May 4.