Most Active Stories
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Metropolitan Opera National Council Grand Finals Concert
Airs Saturday, July 27 at 12 noon - National Council Grand Finals Concert
The Met's National Council Auditions are celebrating their 60th anniversary this year. Over six decades, this competition for exceptionally talented singers from across the country has helped launch the careers of some of opera's greatest stars, including Stephanie Blythe, Renée Fleming, Susan Graham, Thomas Hampson, Ben Heppner, Patricia Racette, and Deborah Voigt—as well as, more recently, Lawrence Brownlee and Angela Meade. This year's ten finalists will compete on the Met stage in the Grand Finals Concert on Sunday, March 10, at 3pm. Soprano Sondra Radvanovsky, a 1995 winner, will be the host and guest performer, with Marco Armiliato conducting the Met Orchestra.
Congratulations to the 2013 winners:
Michael Brandenburg — Tenor
Brandon Cedel — Bass-Baritone
Sydney Mancasola — Soprano
Musa Ngqungwana — Bass-Baritone
Rebecca Pedersen — Soprano
Thomas Richards — Bass-Baritone