Most Active Stories
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Metropolitan Opera: Donizetti’s Maria Stuarda
Airs Saturday, January 19 at 12 noon. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with the live network broadcast premiere of Donizetti’s Maria Stuarda. Mezzo-soprano Joyce DiDonato stars in the title role of Mary Stuart, Queen of Scots, opposite South African soprano Elza van den Heever, who makes her network debut as Mary’s formidable rival, Queen Elizabeth I of England. Tenor Matthew Polenzani is Leicester, the nobleman caught between the two women; bass Matthew Rose is Lord Talbot, Mary’s custodian; and baritone Joshua Hopkins is Elizabeth’s advisor Lord Cecil. Bel canto specialist Maurizio Benini conducts this performance of David McVicar’s critically acclaimed Met premiere production. Maria Stuarda will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 12 p.m. CT on Saturday, January 19.