Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Metropolitan Opera: Berlioz’s Les Troyens
Airs Saturday, January 5 at 11:00 a.m. The 2012-13 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Les Troyens, led by Met Principal Conductor Fabio Luisi. The cast for Berlioz’s epic, which travels from war-ravaged Troy to the North African shores of Carthage, is led by Bryan Hymel as the Trojan hero Aeneas; Deborah Voigt as Cassandra, the cursed prophetess; Susan Graham as Dido, Queen of Carthage; Dwayne Croft as Cassandra’s fiancé, Coroebus; Karen Cargill as Dido’s sister, Anna; Eric Cutler as Dido’s court poet, Iopas; and Kwangchul Youn as Narbal, Dido’s advisor. Les Troyens will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network at 11 a.m. CT on Saturday, January 5. The performance will also be transmitted worldwide as part of The Met: Live in HD series, which now reaches more than 1,900 movie theaters in 64 countries.