Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Metropolitan Opera: Berg's Wozzeck
Airs Saturday, March 22 at 12 noon. The 2013-14 Metropolitan Opera Radio Broadcast season continues with a live broadcast of Berg's Wozzeck conducted by Met Music Director James Levine. Levine has led more performances of Berg’s dark opera than any other conductor in Met history. Thomas Hampson and Deborah Voigt are singing their first-ever performances of the leading roles this season: Wozzeck, a hapless soldier crushed by society, and Marie, his unfaithful mistress. This performance will also star Simon O’Neill as the Drum-Major, Peter Hoare as the Captain, and Clive Bayley as the Doctor. Wozzeck will be heard live over the Toll Brothers-Metropolitan Opera International Radio Network.