Most Active Stories
- Project Belize is rich training ground for East Texas nursing students
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- TLC's popular genealogy show fills out actress's family history using LSU Shreveport archives
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
McDonald: On the life of books
The late commentator Archie McDonald often referenced his wife, Judy, in his commentaries. Through the years, we gleaned insights into their deep and abiding love for each other. This week, the city of Nacogdoches named its public library in honor of Judy B. McDonald. The recognition highlighted her 18 years of service on the Nacogdoches City Commission and as mayor. At the ceremony, Judy said Archie knew of the city's plan to rename the library. She said with a glint in her eye that Archie's response was, Great! Now I'm married to a building. Today, we listen back to a commentary about books, books and more books.