Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Man Reviews Neighbors' Late-Night Karaoke
Originally published on Tue September 11, 2012 8:57 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep. When free speech causes problems, the cure is often more free speech. A British man tested that theory when his neighbors exercised their right to stay up late singing karaoke. Britain's Daily Telegraph says Oli Beale responded by posting a board with reviews. When the neighbors sang "Pinball Wizard" at 2:23 A.M., Mr. Beale called it terrible. "Walk This Way" was the low point, while "Tiny Dancer" was judged actually very good. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.