Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Lyric Opera of Chicago: Rinaldo
Airs Saturday, June 23 at 12:00 noon. With Jerusalem as the prize, General Goffredo and his chief knight Rinaldo are battling it out with King Argante. But the king’s lover and ally is the sorceress Armida — and she uses every trick in her arsenal to help win the war. Good thing Rinaldo has some supernatural reinforcements of his own! Handel wanted to make it big in England, and he did it in spades with Rinaldo! For the first time he specified sorcery and magic in the plot — hiring an illustrious producer to bring it off, and booking a megastar for the lead. Three hundred years later, Lyric follows suit! Fabulous David Daniels headlines this amazing new production.
Rinaldo Features charismatic virtuoso singers. David Daniels as Rinaldo, one of the world’s top countertenor; As Armida, Elza van den Heever who offers an astonishing performances filled with emotional conviction and originality; As Argante, the phenomenal Luca Pisaroni, whose lightning vocal attack, nimble upper range, and ringing vivacity will leave you spell bound; and ss Rinaldo’s inamorata, you’ll love Julia Kleiter, the young German soprano who appears to rave reviews with major conductors, including Riccardo Muti!