Most Active Stories
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
Lyric Opera of Chicago: André Previn's A Streetcar Named Desire
Airs Saturday, July 20 at 12 noon. This week on the Lyric Opera of Chicago, we will rebroadcast A Streetcar Named Desire. The original broadcast suffered a technical impairment. This is an unusual and non-traditional production of André Previn's operatic adaptation of the Tennessee Williams' play A Streetcar Named Desire. Staring in this production are Renee Fleming as Blance DuBois and Teddy Tahu Rhodes as Stanley Kowalski with Susannah Philips as Stella Kowalski and Anthony Dean Griffey as Harold “Mitch” Mitchell. The cast and crew are directed by Brad Dalton and the Lyric Opera Orchestra is conducted by Evan Rogister.