Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- YMCA in Shreveport breaks ground on three-phase fitness campus
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
- Driving is no time to multitask, Shreveport lawyers teach high school students
- Carnegie Hall Live: Keyboard Virtuosos I with Daniil Trifonov
Lyric Opera of Chicago: André Previn's A Streetcar Named Desire
Airs Saturday, July 20 at 12 noon. This week on the Lyric Opera of Chicago, we will rebroadcast A Streetcar Named Desire. The original broadcast suffered a technical impairment. This is an unusual and non-traditional production of André Previn's operatic adaptation of the Tennessee Williams' play A Streetcar Named Desire. Staring in this production are Renee Fleming as Blance DuBois and Teddy Tahu Rhodes as Stanley Kowalski with Susannah Philips as Stella Kowalski and Anthony Dean Griffey as Harold “Mitch” Mitchell. The cast and crew are directed by Brad Dalton and the Lyric Opera Orchestra is conducted by Evan Rogister.