Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Lyric Opera of Chicago
Lyric Opera of Chicago: André Previn's A Streetcar Named Desire
Airs Saturday, July 6 at 12 noon. This week on the Lyric Opera of Chicago, an unusual and non-traditional production of André Previn's operatic adaptation of the Tennessee Williams' play A Streetcar Named Desire. Staring in this production are Renee Fleming as Blance DuBois and Teddy Tahu Rhodes as Stanley Kowalski with Susannah Philips as Stella Kowalski and Anthony Dean Griffey as Harold “Mitch” Mitchell. The cast and crew are directed by Brad Dalton and the Lyric Opera Orchestra is conducted by Evan Rogister.