Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Red River Radio Spotlight: The Shreveport Symphony with cellist John-Henry Crawford
LSUS Player claims Player of the Week Honors
WACO, Tex. - Sharde Henry of LSU Shreveport claimed the Red River Athletic Conference Women's Basketball Player of the Week award for Dec. 12-18.
Henry, a junior forward from Lake Charles, La., averaged 16.5 points and 5.0 rebounds per game in a 1-1 week for the Lady Pilots. She posted 19 points and five rebounds in a 70-67 win over Bacone College (Okla.) then added 14 points in a 73-65 loss to NAIA #7 Langston University (Okla.). She connected on 8-of-20 shots from the field and 17-of-21 from the free throw line for the week. LSUS is now 4-1 in conference play and 6-3 overall.
Stacey Darnley of Our Lady of the Lake University (Texas) and Octavia Mullins of Texas Wesleyan University were also nominated for this week's award.