Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Navy Week brings dozens of sailors to Shreveport/Bossier
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- LSU Health Shreveport librarians create comic book about childhood obesity problem
LSU survey reveals aversion toward "fracking" terminology
The drilling term "frack" could use an image makeover, according to a new study by the LSU Public Policy Research Lab. Research Michael Climek says the word "fracking" significantly impacted how survey respondents viewed the process, both in terms of safety and whether the state should encourage it.