Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
LSU Shreveport attracts students with 'free ride' incentive
Prospective students of LSU Shreveport have until Wednesday to apply to the school to be considered for the Free Ride scholarship program for fall semester. The incentive that launched in November covers tuition at LSUS, when combined with the state-funded merit scholarship known as TOPS. LSUS officials say about half of the students admitted for fall have been offered a free ride scholarship, and the program could be credited for stabilizing enrollment.