Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
LSU Health Shreveport seeks partners in hospital system
The LSU Health System is exploring new funding models that could stop a bloodletting of budget cuts in recent years. The tipping point came this year with a reduction of the federal Medicaid reimbursement to Louisiana. Dr. Hugh Mighty, vice chancellor for clinical affairs at LSU Health Shreveport, met with reporters to clear the air about what options are on the table. He said the LSU Health System does not intend to "sell off the hospital" as it seeks potential investors to engage in public-private partnership talks.