Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
LSU Health Shreveport seeks partners in hospital system
The LSU Health System is exploring new funding models that could stop a bloodletting of budget cuts in recent years. The tipping point came this year with a reduction of the federal Medicaid reimbursement to Louisiana. Dr. Hugh Mighty, vice chancellor for clinical affairs at LSU Health Shreveport, met with reporters to clear the air about what options are on the table. He said the LSU Health System does not intend to "sell off the hospital" as it seeks potential investors to engage in public-private partnership talks.