Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Lord Huron On World Cafe
Originally published on Mon January 14, 2013 12:19 pm
Singer-songwriter Ben Schneider is the creative force behind the rhythmically inventive folk-pop band Lord Huron. The band started out as a multimedia solo project, but it now includes Mark Barry on percussion and vocals, Miguel Briseno on bass and percussion, Brett Farkas on guitar and vocals, and Tom Renaud on guitar and vocals.
Following the success of Schneider's Mighty EP, last month Lord Huron released its first full-length album, Lonesome Dreams. In this episode of World Cafe, Schneider discusses the themes that run through the record and shares an anecdote about handing out his EP to bloggers at a music festival.
This segment originally aired on November 13, 2012.