Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
The Lions On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu March 21, 2013 8:22 am
The Lions' members share a strong love of classic, Jamaican-inspired reggae. Hailing from different musical generations, the L.A. band's members craft a unique style which blends hip-hop and reggae with electrifying dub rhythms. Although the lineup has changed since The Lions' beginnings, the music has remained explosive and alluring.
The Lions' new album, This Generation, came out last month on the hip-hop label Stones Throw Records. On this installment of World Café, the group plays a few of its energetic tracks and talks about how a transformed grocery truck — featured on the album cover — became the centerpiece of its sound.