Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Cultural, Community, Information
Levon Helm: Rambles Home
Airs Friday, May 18 at 9:00 p.m. A one-hour music and commentary show about the late musician Levon Helm, drummer for the seminal Rock and Roll Hall of Fame group The Band, and a revered solo artist. Helm died April 19, 2012 at the age of 71 from a recurrence of throat cancer that had threatened his life as far back as 1997. This program features Helms vocals and drumming with The Band, as well as some of his post-Band performances, with special attention given to his Midnight Ramble concerts held in recent years at his home in Woodstock, NY. Among the commentators complimenting the music are journalist Anthony DeCurtis, musicians Shawn Colvin, Rich Pagano, David Gans, Grammy Museum head Bob Santelli and others plus archival clips of Levon Helm himself.