Most Active Stories
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Dentist Wins Bid For Elvis Presley's Crown
Originally published on Mon March 5, 2012 2:59 pm
RENEE MONTAGNE, HOST:
And our last word in business this morning is: crowning achievement. At an auction in the U.K. last week, a dentist from Alberta, Canada, paid $10,000 for a crown that once belonged to The King himself: Elvis Presley.
The crown is actually the kind you wear on a tooth. That isn't the only dental collectible this dentist has paid top dollar for. He shelled out $31,000 for a rotten tooth that belonged to John Lennon. He says his waiting room is starting to look like a Hard Rock Cafe, but it's good for business.
(SOUNDBITE OF MUSIC)
MONTAGNE: And that is the business news, from NPR News. This is MORNING EDITION. I'm Renee Montagne. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright NPR.