Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
The Last Word In Business
Originally published on Wed September 26, 2012 9:36 am
DAVID GREENE, HOST:
Our last word today in business today is poison, as in box office poison. That's what John Crawford was once called by theater owners.
But she showed them, with her comeback movie, "Mildred Pierce."
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
When she was nominated for Best Actress, Crawford was so nervous, she skipped the Academy Award ceremony. Last night her Oscar from "Mildred Pierce" sold at auction for $426,732.
GREENE: And here's what John Crawford said about that Oscar: I deserved it.
INSKEEP: As do you, David.
GREENE: Thank you, Steve. Well, you deserve the business news each day on MORNING EDITION from NPR News. I'm David Greene.
INSKEEP: And I'm Steve Inskeep. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.