Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
LaPREP has middle schoolers hitting the books during summer
More than 500 middle school students from Shreveport, Mansfield and Keithville have completed the LaPREP summer program since it began in the early 1990s. LSU Shreveport math professor Carlos Spaht founded the program to encourage young people to go to college and major in math and science. Spaht says none of the LaPREP participants has dropped out of high school. LaPREP's graduation ceremony begins at 1 p.m. at the LSUS University Center Theater.