Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Lady Lamb The Beekeeper On World Cafe
Originally published on Wed April 17, 2013 2:27 pm
The name Lady Lamb the Beekeeper came to singer-songwriter Aly Spaltro in a dream. When the Maine native emerged from the DVD-store basement where she'd been experimenting with music for several years, her friends responded positively. She soon moved to Brooklyn, where those original songs were re-worked for her debut album, Ripley Pine, released this past February.
Here, Spaltro discusses how the songs developed beyond what she'd originally imagined on her own. That slow emergence has allowed her art to evolve, as you'll hear in this session. She even plays a song that didn't make it onto Ripley Pine.