Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
La Nochebuena: A Spanish Renaissance Christmas with the Rose Ensemble
Airs Tuesday, December 18 at 12:00 noon
A rhythmic and regal retelling of the Christmas story. The Rose Ensemble reawakens the ancient with sacred songs and lively dances for the season from Renaissance Spain. In La Nochebuena, The Rose Ensemble explores the great variety of music that filled the royal court of Ferdinand and Isabella, and flooded the chapels and streets of Renaissance Spain. Serene choral music from 16th-century masters is balanced with spirited cantigas for solo voice and harp. Spanish-language villancicos from court and countryside, and lively dances for vihuela, harp and percussion. Now in its 16th season, the Rose Ensemble reawakens the ancient for the holidays. Bring your listeners this rich variety of seasonal music, beautifully performed and recorded. The Rose Ensemble will transport them to a time and place when the sacred met the earthy in celebration of the season. The program is hosted and produced by public radio veteran Tom Crann and the Rose Ensemble’s founder & artistic director Jordan Sramek.