Most Active Stories
- Red River Radio Transmitter Upgrades
- Rural Ark-La-Tex veterans may avoid trips to Shreveport VA for routine care
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Keithville sanctuary prepares for wave of retiring research chimps
The president of Chimp Haven, the national chimpanzee sanctuary in Keithville, La., says federal initiatives are moving ahead to retire large numbers of chimps from biomedical research. Linda Brent says Chimp Haven is in contact with the National Institutes of Health on news that the agency will transfer 10 research chimps to the Keithville sanctuary. She says many more could follow as the NIH send nearly one-fifth of its research chimps into retirement.