Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Josh Ritter On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu December 13, 2012 5:22 pm
Singer-songwriter and guitarist Josh Ritter has blurred the line between narrator and musician. Beyond music, Ritter is also an author; he published his first novel, Bright's Passage, in 2011. He bridges the divide between his two occupations in his lyrics and performances, which always have an air of storytelling about them.
This past September David Dye and the World Cafe took a road trip to Ithaca, NY, to record a special concert and interview with Josh Ritter in front of an audience at The State Theater.
Ritter talks with host David Dye about his beginnings as a musician and growing up in rural Idaho. In addition, he plays several songs — including one from his forthcoming album, The Beast in Its Tracks.