Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Josh Ritter On World Cafe
Originally published on Thu December 13, 2012 5:22 pm
Singer-songwriter and guitarist Josh Ritter has blurred the line between narrator and musician. Beyond music, Ritter is also an author; he published his first novel, Bright's Passage, in 2011. He bridges the divide between his two occupations in his lyrics and performances, which always have an air of storytelling about them.
This past September David Dye and the World Cafe took a road trip to Ithaca, NY, to record a special concert and interview with Josh Ritter in front of an audience at The State Theater.
Ritter talks with host David Dye about his beginnings as a musician and growing up in rural Idaho. In addition, he plays several songs — including one from his forthcoming album, The Beast in Its Tracks.