Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Lennon: The Final Interview
John Lennon: The Final Interview
Airs Friday, May 24 at 9 p.m. The Final Interview, a Radio Special is a 2-hour radio special centers on John Lennon’s last radio interview, along with Yoko, recorded at the Dakota in New York City, only hours before Lennon’s death on December 8, 1980. The special is mixed with music from the Lennon’s solo work, the Double Fantasy album, as well as songs from The Beatles.
The original team that conducted the interview (Dave Sholin, Laurie Kaye, Ron Hummel and Bert Keane) came together 30 years later to re-create this historic radio special. Along with highlights from the interview, they relay their own unique memories of that day, including events leading to the interview, meeting Lennon and Yoko Ono, and a curb-side encounter with Mark David Chapman, the deranged killer who gunned down Lennon that night.
“This historic radio event celebrates the life and music of John Lennon, focusing on a truly joyous interview that was conducted as he was beginning a brand-new phase of his career,” says Gary Krantz, President/CEO of Krantz Media Group.