Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Cultural, Community, Information
The Jewish New Year: Music and Inspirational Teachings from the Kabbalah
Airs Wednesday, September 19 at 2:00 p.m. Music and teachings from the Jewish mystical tradition on the High Holy Days. Each year, on the evening of the new moon, the beginning of the month of Tishrei in the Jewish lunar calendar, Jewish people around the world begin a period of prayer and self-examination that ends, ten days later, with a twenty-four hour fast. These are the High Holy Days, beginning with Rosh Hashanah, the Jewish New Year, and ending with Yom Kippur, the day of atonement. These days are a time to reflect on the past year and to realign life with truth and wisdom, to prepare for a new year's challenges. In this program, Kabbalistic teacher, therapist, and author of "Sacred Therapy," Estelle Frankel and Cantor Richard Kaplan share the depths of insight accumulated by the Jewish mystical tradition of the Kabbalah. They discuss the insights in stories, teachings and music, gathered from that rich tradition.