Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Cultural, Community, Information
Janis Joplin: Pearl
Airs, Friday, June 1 at 8 p.m. When Janis Joplin knew what she wanted, there was little that could stop her. With her music, she pushed and experimented until it felt just right. Her fourth and final album – Pearl – showed Janis at the top of her game, working hard with a new band and new ways to use her voice. This one-hour radio special explores Janis’ final years and the making of Pearl from her sister and author Laura Joplin, road manager John Byrne Cooke, Pearl producer, the late Paul Rothchild, and author Holly George Warren.
The host is David Gans. Music includes Pearl classics from the original album, rare studio outtakes and live cuts from the era. CD also adds a four track radio sampler with full alternate takes of “Me and Bobby McGee,” “Move Over,” “Get it While You Can” and “My Baby” from the Pearl Sessions deluxe reissue from Legacy Recordings.