Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Intelligence Squared US: Was Snowden Justified?
Airs Sunday, June 8 at 6 p.m.Was Snowden Justified?Has Edward Snowden done the U.S. a great service? There is no doubt that his release of highly classified stolen documents has sparked an important public debate, even forcing what could be a major presidential overhaul of the NSA’s surveillance programs. But have his actions—which include the downloading of an estimated 1.7 million files –tipped off our enemies and endangered national security? Is Snowden a whistleblower, or is he a criminal? Arguing for the motion are Daniel Ellsberg, Former U.S. Military Analyst & Pentagon Papers Whistleblower and Ben Wizner, Legal Adviser to Edward Snowden & Attorney with the ACLU. Arguing against the motion are Andrew C. McCarthy Former Federal Prosecutor & Contributing Editor for the National Review and Ambassador R. James Woolsey, Former Director of the CIA & Chairman of the Foundation for Defense of Democracies.