Most Active Stories
- LeTourneau University in Longview launches drone bachelor's degree
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Wanna Go To Fit City? List Ranks America's 50 Fittest Metro Areas
Intelligence Squared U.S.
Intelligence Squared U.S. - Obamacare is now beyond rescue
Airs Sunday, February 2 at 6 p.m. With the disastrous launch of the HealthCare.gov website, critics of the Affordable Care Act, or “Obamacare,” were given more fuel for the fire. Is this political hot potato's inevitability once again at stake? And is the medical community really on board with the law, or resisting (rewriting?) it from the sidelines?
Arguing for the resolution are: Dr. Scott Gottlieb, Practicing Physician & Former Deputy Commissioner of the FDA and Megan McArdle, Writer and Columnist for Bloomberg View.
Arguing against the resolution are: Jonathan Chait, Political Commentator and Columnist for New York Magazine and Dr. Douglas Kamerow, Family Physician & Former Assistant Surgeon General.