Most Active Stories
- Entomologists release wasps in Shongaloo and Minden to prey on invasive beetle killing ash trees
- Health Matters: Violence and violent tendencies
- Bossier City Farmer's Market owners: 'We want to keep this going, no interruptions'
- The Newport Folk Festival 2015 Live stream
- History Matters: Shreveport businessman Nathan Goldkind had a seat at a deadly card game
Intelligence Squared U.S.
Intelligence Squared U.S. - Obamacare is now beyond rescue
Airs Sunday, February 2 at 6 p.m. With the disastrous launch of the HealthCare.gov website, critics of the Affordable Care Act, or “Obamacare,” were given more fuel for the fire. Is this political hot potato's inevitability once again at stake? And is the medical community really on board with the law, or resisting (rewriting?) it from the sidelines?
Arguing for the resolution are: Dr. Scott Gottlieb, Practicing Physician & Former Deputy Commissioner of the FDA and Megan McArdle, Writer and Columnist for Bloomberg View.
Arguing against the resolution are: Jonathan Chait, Political Commentator and Columnist for New York Magazine and Dr. Douglas Kamerow, Family Physician & Former Assistant Surgeon General.