Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Intelligence Squared US: Millennials Don't Stand A Chance
Airs Sunday, June 29 at 6 p.m. Millennials—growing up with revolutionary technology and entering adulthood in a time of recession—have recently been much maligned. Are their critics right? Is this generation uniquely coddled, narcissistic, and lazy? Or have we let conventional wisdom blind us to their openness to change and innovation, and optimism in the face of uncertainty, which, in any generation, are qualities to be admired? Arguing for the motion: Binta Niambi Brown, Lawyer, Startup Advisor & Human Rights Advocate andW. Keith Campbell, a Professor of Psychology at the University of Georgia & Co-Author of The Narcissism Epidemic. Arguing against the motion: David D. Burstein, Author of Fast Future: How the Millennial Generation is Shaping Our World & Founder of Generation 18 along with Jessica Grose, Journalist & Author of Sad Desk Salad.