Most Active Stories
- Wiley College in Marshall lands National Science Foundation grant
- Health Matters: Medical Controversies and Health Fads
- FaithWorks seeks to get Shreveport-Bossier churches to collaborate
- Shreveport children's author resolves persistent query in 'Billy's Booger'
- KDAQ Web Stream is Back and KLDN is Back On Air!!
Intelligence Squared U.S.
Intelligence Squared U.S. - The GOP must seize the center or die?
Airs Sunday, July 21 at 6 p.m. 2012 was a disappointing year for Republicans. The failure to win key swing states in the presidential election and surprising losses in the House and Senate has prompted some reflection. Was their embrace of small government, low taxes, and a strong conservative stance on social issues at odds with shifting American demographics? Or did the GOP embrace the right platform, but the wrong candidates?
Arguing for the motion are David Brooks, Op-Ed Columnist for The New York Times and Mickey Edwards, Former US Congressman (R) from Oklahoma. Arguing against the motion are Laura Ingraham, Host of The Laura Ingraham Show and Ralph Reed, Chairman of the Faith & Freedom Coalition.