Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates: The Lecture Hall Is Obsolete
Airs Sunday, June 22 at 6 p.m. Is the college of the future online? With the popularity of MOOCs (massive open online courses) and the availability of online degree programs at a fraction of their on-campus price, we are experiencing an exciting experiment in higher education. Does the traditional classroom stand a chance? Will online education be the great equalizer, or is a campus-based college experience still necessary?
Arguing for the motion: Anant Agarwal, CEO for edX & a Professor at MIT and Ben Nelson, Founder and CEO of the Minerva Project. Arguing against the motion: Jonathan Cole, Provost and Dean Emeritus for Columbia University and Rebecca Schuman, Columnist for Slate and the Chronicle of Higher Education.