Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates: The Lecture Hall Is Obsolete
Airs Sunday, June 22 at 6 p.m. Is the college of the future online? With the popularity of MOOCs (massive open online courses) and the availability of online degree programs at a fraction of their on-campus price, we are experiencing an exciting experiment in higher education. Does the traditional classroom stand a chance? Will online education be the great equalizer, or is a campus-based college experience still necessary?
Arguing for the motion: Anant Agarwal, CEO for edX & a Professor at MIT and Ben Nelson, Founder and CEO of the Minerva Project. Arguing against the motion: Jonathan Cole, Provost and Dean Emeritus for Columbia University and Rebecca Schuman, Columnist for Slate and the Chronicle of Higher Education.