Most Active Stories
- 'You're In My House': Obama Shuts Down Heckler At White House
- Louisiana business lobby leader criticizes new state budget
- Savannah Music Festival: Paco de Lucía - Part One (encore)
- Northwestern State hosts 'mythical 51st state,' Boys and Girls State underway
- Health Matters: Raising Happy & Psychologically Healthy Children
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates: The Lecture Hall Is Obsolete
Airs Sunday, June 22 at 6 p.m. Is the college of the future online? With the popularity of MOOCs (massive open online courses) and the availability of online degree programs at a fraction of their on-campus price, we are experiencing an exciting experiment in higher education. Does the traditional classroom stand a chance? Will online education be the great equalizer, or is a campus-based college experience still necessary?
Arguing for the motion: Anant Agarwal, CEO for edX & a Professor at MIT and Ben Nelson, Founder and CEO of the Minerva Project. Arguing against the motion: Jonathan Cole, Provost and Dean Emeritus for Columbia University and Rebecca Schuman, Columnist for Slate and the Chronicle of Higher Education.