Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Intelligence Squared U.S.
Intelligence Squared US: China Does Capitalism Better than America
Airs Sunday, May 26 at 6 p.m. For all appearances, China has emerged unscathed from the global economic crisis, in stark contrast to its biggest debtor, America. China's admirers point to its ability to mobilize state resources, quick decision-making and business-friendly environment as reasons for its economic ascendency. But can its brand of state-directed capitalism overcome rampant corruption and the threat of growing inequality, or will the American model of innovation and free markets prevail? The debaters include Orville Schell, Peter Schiff, Ian Bremmer, and Minxin Pei.