Most Active Stories
- Shreveport fencing documentary cuts across bigger life lessons
- Northwestern State musicians perform 'Earthrise' with its British composer in the wings
- Metropolitan Opera: Mascagni’s Cavalleria Rusticana & Leoncavallo’s Pagliacci
- Elio Motors is in an 'engineering-centric' phase, says founder
- Caravan: Airheart Live in the Red River Radio studios
Intelligence Squared U.S. Debates
Intelligence Squared U.S. - For Better or Worse, Live In a Red State.
Airs Sunday, December 29 at 6 p.m. While gridlock and division in Washington make it difficult for either party or ideology to set the policy agenda, single-party government prevails in three-quarters of the states. In 24 states Republicans control the governorship and both houses of the legislature, and in 13 states Democrats enjoy one-party control. Comparing economic growth, education, health care, quality of life and environment, and the strength of civil society, do red or blue states win out? The debaters are Hugh Hewitt, Gray Davis, Stephen Moore, and Michael Lind.
Arguing for the motion are Hugh Hewitt, Radio Host of The Hugh Hewitt Show and Stephen Moore, Editorial Board Member of The Wall Street Journal. Arguing against the motion are Gray Davis, 37th Governor of California and Michael Lind, Co-Founder, New America Foundation.