Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Many, La., engineer partners with University of Texas El Paso on desalination technology
- Modest ridership projections in passenger rail study connecting Shreveport and Vicksburg
- LA Opera: Verdi's La Traviata
- Red River Radio Spotlight: Shreveport Little Theater Presents Chicago
If You're So Inclined, Don A Black Turtleneck For 'Steve Jobs Day'
Most fans of the late co-founder of Apple probably already know, but just in case:
Some folks have declared this to be "Steve Jobs Day," and are encouraging others to "Sport your black turtleneck, jeans, tennis shoes, and glasses and snap a pic!" They're also making it easy to donate money to cancer research in Jobs' memory.
This falls on the same day that Apple is starting to sell the new iPhoneS, and that meant — of course — lines outside stores around the world.
And if you were about to put on a black turtleneck and don't want others to think you're part of all this, you're welcome.