Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Hummer Driver Diverts Potentially Fatal Crash
Originally published on Fri September 7, 2012 9:15 am
STEVE INSKEEP, HOST:
Good morning. I'm Steve Inskeep, with thanks to Darrell Krushelnicki. He was driving a Hummer, waiting at an intersection in Alberta, Canada. A speeding Pontiac caught his eye. The Pontiac was careening toward four pedestrians, aged three to 16. The driver appeared to be talking on the phone, wasn't slowing down. And that's when Krushelnicki eased his Hummer into the street, took the hit himself, and saved some lives. His only injury was a loose tooth. You're listening to MORNING EDITION. Transcript provided by NPR, Copyright National Public Radio.