Most Active Stories
- The San Francisco Opera: Giuseppe Verdi’s Rigoletto
- Concealed carry gun instructor: There are extremists on both sides of gun debate
- Live in Alexandria! Fred Child, Host of Performance Today
- Aspen Ideas Festival 2015: Sen. Lindsey Graham on values worth fighting for.
- Health Matters: Pregnancy and post-delivery issues.
Human Kind: Explorations on the non-violence philosophies shared by King and Gandhi
Airs Sunday, February 3 at 7 p.m.
Part 1: More than an advocate of racial equality, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was a practitioner of peaceful resistance to prejudice, and in this documentary we explore the philosophical and historical roots of King's non-violent movement.
Part 2: Further explorations of non-violence with Mahatma Gandhi's grandson, Dr. Arun Gandhi (now in his 70s) who as a troubled teenager was tutored daily by the spiritual / political leader, gaining an intimate glimpse into the life and beliefs of a remarkable twentieth century figure.