Most Active Stories
- Bird Calls with Cliff Shackelford
- Louisiana's first 'nerd market' planned for Bossier City
- Activists petition Louisiana environmental regulators to be transparent about M6 disposal method
- Metropolitan Opera: Puccini's La Bohème
- History Matters: O.Winston Link's photographs documented steam locomotion and Louisiana life
Human Kind: Explorations on the non-violence philosophies shared by King and Gandhi
Airs Sunday, February 3 at 7 p.m.
Part 1: More than an advocate of racial equality, Rev. Martin Luther King Jr. was a practitioner of peaceful resistance to prejudice, and in this documentary we explore the philosophical and historical roots of King's non-violent movement.
Part 2: Further explorations of non-violence with Mahatma Gandhi's grandson, Dr. Arun Gandhi (now in his 70s) who as a troubled teenager was tutored daily by the spiritual / political leader, gaining an intimate glimpse into the life and beliefs of a remarkable twentieth century figure.